The details of the current committee and current race fees have been added to the ABOUT US
Please come along for another night of RC action on Wednesday night. Doors will be open from around 6:45 (rather than the published 6:30).
All tracks will be open as usual!
Another round of the ARCCC Touring Car Championship was in action on Monday night. Competition was close, but Gordon Shek took the win in the A-Final.
Drifting action was uber-kool as always – Scott McNelis really pushed the boundaries with his LED lighting board! Superb.
Buggies were their usual “low flying machines” with a new entry from Andy Gibson and his Serpent 4WD. We were also visited by once again by Stephen McCrea from Ireland.
Following on from our AGM on Monday 27/04/15, we’re pleased to announce our new committee members are :-
- Chairman : Mark McGawn
- Secretary : Michael Ivory
- Treasurer : Derek McPherson
- Committee Member : Craig Bryson
- Committee Member : Scott McNelis
Many thanks to the outgoing committee members.
An EGM is formally notified for the election of a new club treasurer.
Secondary issues to vote on :
1) Amendment to club constitution to increase number of committee members from 3 to 5. Reason : To allow club to be BRCA affiliated.
2) AOB : Debate any changes to the club
Suggestions to date :
- 17.5T Blinky Limits for the Touring Cars / 10.5T Limits for the Buggies
- Reduce Weekly Race Fees
- Increase availability of facilities
- Remove Trees on main straight to improve visibility
- Modify Track layout to increase challenge and better use space
Just a wee reminder to all club members/racers.
This Monday night will be a halloween special! There will be a prize for the “best dressed” car on the night and other wee halloween related prizes. May the spookiest car win!
All – There have been a few ‘teething’ issues over the last couple of weeks and we appreciate that some parents/guardians of junior racers may be concerned that the club night is running too late. Rest assured that we are on the case.
As part of the improvements, could you please email on Monday night to :-
email@example.com confirming that you will be racing and what class you will be racing (2WD, 4WD Buggy or TC Stock, Mod or Mini).